I joined Hatmill in 2016 after 4 years working for DHL Supply Chain. I joined the DHL Graduate Scheme after completing a Law and Business degree from the University of Warwick. The graduate scheme consisted of 3 six month placements across a number of sectors within the business.
The experience I gained includes:
- Developing and managing communications plans whilst working with a number of high profile stakeholders working in Internal Communications, EMEA.
- Establishing the delivery mechanisms and identifying process improvements for the provision of production critical parts from on-site warehousing facilities to the production line at Jaguar Land Rover
- Managing warehouse operations for BP Lubricants with responsibility for the end to end process including Goods in, Put-away, Picking and Loading ensuring all KPIs were met
I then gained much greater operational experience working for DHL with Network Rail, with responsibilities including:
- Working on a WMS implementation for a new warehouse responsible for distributing all engineering parts for a major infrastructure update project
- Completion of risk assessments and safe working practices for a range of activities across the operation
- Managing a team of warehouse operatives with responsibility for all elements of the operation
- Managing the load planning and scheduling for deliveries to the track to ensure tight engineering work timescales could be met
In order to gain wider experience, I moved into a Project Analyst role within DHL’s Specialist Services division and then into a similar role working with Public Sector bodies to deliver efficiencies within their provision of uniform. Experience gained from the roles includes:
- Identified over £500,000 saving from the indirect overhead, ranging from individual expenses up to site and divisional level expenditure
- Worked closely with the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) gathering and analysing data to ensure a smooth transition of uniform procurement and logistics services to DHL, which has seen a 13% saving for MPS
- Heavily involved in the development and testing of a new end-user uniform ordering platform for the Police Service to modernise the ordering process
- Engaged with a number of Police Forces and Public Sector bodies to identify saving opportunities
Whilst at Hatmill I have been involved in the management of global freight movements for a global manufacturer and distributor of physical media to the Entertainment industry. This has included the support of the day-to-day management of the distribution partner as well as identifying and implementing strategic improvement opportunities.
- Working closely with a number of parties to ensure efficient and effective distribution throughout the peak period
- Identifying alternate transport solutions to reduce fulfilment lead time and operating costs
- Developing dynamic freight cost models to analyse current and alternative supply strategies
- Supporting the transition and go live of distribution services with new providers
I’ve not looked back since joining a team of highly skilled, enthusiastic and intelligent people at a consultancy that works in partnership with its clients and look forward to my continued part in this.