I joined Hatmill after working for the grocery retailer Morrisons in distribution. I chose to make the move into consultancy as I wanted to extend my knowledge of both Supply Chain and Logistics functions across multiple business sectors. I enjoy learning how different operations function and working with the teams running them to delivery tangible changes and improvements, so Hatmill was a great fit for me.
After completing a Law degree from the University of Greenwich I joined the Morrisons Graduate Scheme. The Graduate Scheme comprised of 5 three month placements across, Ambient, Chill, Transport, Retail and National Projects.
- Developing and implementing new operational processes for the storing of 3rd party products while managing the customer relationship and updates to senior business stake holders.
- Supporting the role out of a new WMS system within an Ambient chamber and developing and leading the Communications workstream on site.
- Leading the roll out and installation of a fleet telematic and fleet management system across a nationwide fleet.
- Managing warehouse operations in Ambient and Chill with responsibility for the end to end process including Goods In, Put-away, Pick and Loading ensuring KPIs were achieved.
After progressing from the Graduate scheme I moved into operational rolls across two sites in both Ambient and Chill as a Team Manager and Shift Manager allowing me to gain greater depth of experience in operations, with responsibility for:
- Managing teams of warehouse operatives with responsibility for delivering all operational KPIs.
- Reviewing labour planning processes and grid setup to ensure accurate planning and optimal pallet build.
- Ensuring the consistent monitoring of performance metrics and supporting a team of managers to engage with colleagues in a proactive and supportive manner.
To widen my breadth of experience I moved into Logistics Improvement and Project Delivery rolls including:
- Project managing the exit and closure of a Frozen site in partnership with the 3pl provider and the transfer of the operation to an existing in house operation.
- Developing streamlined Goods In and Outbound processes for the network to improve efficiency and reduce cost including determining the selection of a suitable device.
- Conducting a review of returns units to identify opportunities for cost savings and performance improvement.
- Establishing a program of work to standardise ways of working across network including; Performance Management, Labour Planning, Health and Safety Auditing and Central Document Storage and Communications Tools.
Now at Hatmill, I have the opportunity to work with a team of dynamic and highly knowledgeable consultants who strive to exceed client expectations every day.