I joined Hatmill in 2019 after returning to the UK, having spent the previous five years working for the largest waste equipment provider in North America.
My last role was Director of Operations (Manufacturing) for Wastequip, who manufacture plastic and steel equipment. I had P&L ownership of all North America facilities and North America service unit.
Prior to that role, I was Plant Manager of their single largest plant based in North Carolina, specialising in Plastic Manufacturing. This was a Private Equity owned business.
Highlights of my time as Director of Operations are:
- P&L Ownership of US Plants and Service unit, improving EBITDA YOY by $2.0m
- Project managed a Plant Shutdown after a network review. This resulted in a $3.8m annualised fixed cost & labour saving
- Drove continuous improvements via lean manufacturing principles (Six Sigma, Kaizen Events, CI Workshops and TPM) with a focus on partnering with plant leadership
- Reduced interplant freight in our North Carolina location by $400k annualised
Highlights of my time as Plant Manager are:
- Improving Retail OTD from 65% to above 98%, reducing fines in excess by $400k per annum.
- Capacity improvement of 33% over 2 years.
- Raw material reduction; worked with engineering to consume obsolete inventory in excess of $6m lbs down to $500k lbs. This helped reduce warehouse space and increase working capital.
- Implementation of an annualised Cycle Count program. Improving visibility and accuracy from 40% to 2%
I’m looking forward to working with a strong team of professionals at Hatmill. Being able to balance getting into the detail, and then translating that to influence board decisions is something I love doing.