I joined Hatmill in 2013 following over 10 years’ experience of supply chain across multiple sectors including multi-channel retail, manufacturing and grocery. The opportunity to join a fresh and dynamic consulting business was too good to turn down and allows me to focus on delivering supply chain solutions for a broad spectrum of clients. Having worked with Simon previously it was an easy decision to make and I instantly felt part of the team.
My industry background has been gained in 3PL’s, firstly with Wincanton on their graduate scheme and more recently with e-fulfilment experts Amethyst Group. The Wincanton graduate scheme was an excellent introduction into the industry, enabling me to quickly experience and develop skills in a variety of distribution roles and environments. My initial roles were spent running small transport operations and then retail warehouse teams, and were quickly followed with a key role in delivering a successful automated DC start-up for a FMCG business.
Subsequent roles saw me move into solution design and business development positions utilising my analytical, problem solving and project management skills. My focus here was primarily in Retail and Foodservice delivering projects including:
- Project managing and delivering cost reduction plans for a shared user distribution network during significant operational disruption, realising over £500k of annual savings.
- Securing £30m revenue increase with existing clients through strategic contract development plans, detailed project management and influencing of external senior stakeholders.
- Designing and developing the warehouse solution for a major grocer’s new DC implementation. Managing and influencing cross functional and external stakeholders to ensure solution met KPI and commercial requirements whilst guaranteeing a successful start-up.
Roles with Amethyst Group followed, supporting and delivering the growth of their e-commerce fulfilment operations, specifically in consumer goods and homewares.
Since joining Hatmill I have had the opportunity to do the sort of work I love, helping clients with their logistics and supply chain challenges.
My focus has predominately been on Distribution Centre Design and Build projects working with multiple clients to deliver over 600,000 sqft of warehouse space in the last 2 years. These projects have included:
- The layout design, fitout procurement and move management of a warehouse and manufacturing warehouse for a leading UK POS distributor
- The consolidation of 2 warehouses in to a single fit for purpose warehouse, including the business case development, layout design, fitout procurement and move management for a leading distributor of IT hardware and software
- The design and project management of a UK wide retailer’s network growth strategy, 500,000 sqft DC layout design and fitout procurement and co-ordination
Other projects I have successfully delivered in this time include WMS specification, selection and implementations; warehouse operational improvements; and network strategy re-designs.
Working closely with our clients and the constant desire to deliver solutions that exceed their expectations is what motivates me on a daily basis.