I have worked and studied in the field of transport and logistics for nearly 20 years, initially in an operational environment and most recently as an independent consultant. I joined Hatmill as an associate in 2016 and I’m excited to be a part of such a vibrant, dynamic organisation.
My career kicked off in operations, managing a fleet of vehicles on general haulage work across Europe for four years before I went on to study Transport & Logistics Management at the University of Huddersfield, graduating with first class honours in 2005.
Since then, I have primarily worked in third party logistics, across a broad range of sectors including retail, manufacturing, construction and automotive for many clients such as B&Q, Marks & Spencer, Heinz, Wavin, Lafarge Tarmac and Fiat.
My skillset brings together the disciplines of Solution Design, Project Management and Business Development. When presented with a problem or solution, I’m able to consider both commercial and operational factors, from the perspective of all stakeholders.
My recent experience has included:
• Designing a transport solution for a pan-European packaging manufacturer as part of a response to a tender
• Leading a project to implement change in a UK Home Delivery transport network
• Designing and implementing a fleet management system for ebola response vehicles in Sierra Leone
• Identifying initiatives for optimisation in a third party logistics operator’s fleet of specialist construction vehicles
• Writing a report about the state of outsourcing in the supply chain for vaccines in sub-Saharan Africa
I enjoy starting new projects, meeting new people, understanding new challenges and delivering high quality results, and I looking forward to continuing this with Hatmill.