I joined Hatmill in June 2016, having spent the previous eight years working in the UK grocery sector. Working predominantly in supply chain, my first experience of the sector came whilst at CPM. There I collaborated with Asda’s supply chain team to deliver causal forecasting and replenishment for bespoke in-store demonstrations as well as designing return on investment analysis and reporting. Seeking to further my understanding in supply chain, I moved to Morrisons in 2010 as a Project Analyst and, in doing so, joined one of the largest business change programmes in Europe.
My role at Morrisons initially focussed on ensuring the successful design and implementation of Oracle Retail’s forecasting and replenishment suite; RDF and AIP. This entailed the following responsibilities:
- Employing my mathematical ability to understand the core algorithms of both systems; allowing me to specify custom configuration to enable business benefits
- Leading a lab rollout that integrated RDF with Legacy applications in a simple and accessible manner to over 30 business users
- Compiling business requirements and mapping over 50 new business processes
- Designing and delivering both group and individual Supply Chain functional and systems training to over 100 users
- Creating a range of KPI reports that formed part of each user’s yearly performance reviews
- Co-ordinating both on and off-shore resource to deliver a comprehensive BI Solution via Oracle Answers
I found this role deeply gratifying and my desire to progress and develop was rewarded with a promotion in 2013, where I shaped and managed Morrisons’ first Supply Chain Optimisation team. The first task for the team was refining business processes and analysing and altering system configuration/parameters to reduce stockholding. Within 6 months corporate inventory had reduced by £100 million. After this I was shortly re-assigned to lead the upgrade of RDF & AIP to Oracle’s Fusion Client. This represented a significant change for over 100 business users and encompassed overseeing design, testing and training for the new systems.
Prior to leaving Morrisons, I worked in conjunction with a 3rd party provider (Blue Yonder) to deliver a sales based ordering solution to over 500 locations. This began with implementing a proof of concept solution over Christmas to gain insight into system capabilities during the most challenging period of the year.
I now look forward to learning and developing from the many talented people working for Hatmill, as well as utilising my skills and experience to deliver innovative and practical solutions to a wider range of business challenges.