I joined the Hatmill associate team in 2017, having consulted independently since 2002. I was previously part of the supply chain consulting teams at Deloitte and Accenture. I specialise in logistics – with projects covering everything from strategy, transport and warehousing solution design, automation, outsourcing, through to optimisation of existing operations. In recent years I have worked mainly in the consumer goods and retail sectors. My clients have included BP Castrol, Nike, Diageo, BAT, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Honda and others. I have worked in many geographies across UK and mainland Europe, South Africa, Kenya, Brazil, Mexico, Korea, Japan, etc.
Some recent project examples:
- Operations review and redesign of brewery logistics operations in Kenya for East Africa’s largest brewery. Undertaken as part of re-tender of warehouse, transport and control tower contracts. Subsequent implementation support for the new contractors – including new IT systems.
- Assistance with the design of a global Performance Management solution for a major global consumer goods company’s logistics operations globally, centring on a standard suite of KPIs and a daily / weekly / monthly operational meeting cadence. Subsequent implementation support in various locations, including Ireland, Scotland, Brazil.
- Design, business case development and implementation of a central, outsourced control tower to manage the global marine and air freight movements of a major tobacco company, using best of breed IT systems and processes.
- Development of short and medium term logistics network solutions to support the integration of two parcel carriers operations to create the UK’s largest independent carrier. This included the design and implementation of a major new sortation hub (project value £25m).
- Development and execution of a fulfilment strategy for a new non-food home delivery offer for a major UK retailer, which was launched in September 2006. Led the workstream for two-man fulfilment operations (furniture, white goods, etc), including development of the strategy and approach, implementation of outsourced warehousing and delivery operations.
- Mobilised and led a project team in a review of the logistics operations of a leading lubricants business in the sub-Saharan Africa region, identifying key issues and potential opportunities. The output from this study was a new logistics strategy for South African operations – this was implemented and won a major award within the South African logistics industry.
I am excited to have joined Hatmill, to work with a talented and diverse team of professionals across a wide range of sectors and clients. Simon has created something special and I’m delighted to help continue the success.