I joined Hatmill in 2016 after 8 years’ experience across the supply chain within the manufacturing, retail, supplier management and events logistics sectors. I was drawn to Hatmill as they presented the chance to work on significant change projects and were openly passionate about supporting the strategic objectives of their clients. My time with Hatmill has demonstrated the desire to deliver for clients and the passion for supply chain is real.
My industry experience I consider a tale of two halves. Firstly, I spent four years within the 3PL world with Wincanton, starting as a graduate and quickly cutting my teeth with operational roles both in the warehouse and the transport office. I subsequently led significant elements of start-up projects for Marks and Spencer, as well as on behalf of LOCOG during the run up to the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics. My time with Wincanton continues to be invaluable, letting me relate to the day-to-day pressures operators find themselves under.
The achievements I’m proudest of from my time with Wincanton are:
- On-time testing and implementation of a new WMS system during start-up of a c.300,000 sq ft operation
- Design and implementation of SOPs and SSOW for an entirely new operation within a 500,000 sq ft warehouse
- Operational delivery of one of the two Logistics Centres created for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
After four great years with Wincanton I moved to Marks and Spencer to expand my experience in the supply chain. I held roles within their Foods Logistics team, refreshing the Program Management role as well as delivering a number of significant efficiency projects. I also spent time working within a retail category team as a Supply Chain lead, giving me a broad end-to-end view of the challenges in a time-critical supply chain.
My greatest accomplishments at Marks and Spencer I consider to be:
- Delivery of more than £200,000 cost efficiencies within the warehouse network
- Effective program management of £4.5m of cost-saving projects
- Reduction of end-to-end lead time by 10% across a categories product range
- Operational planning and delivery of two high-profile peak periods within a category role
Since joining Hatmill I have already been able to make recommendations that I hope our clients will find fruitful in optimising their supply chain. My philosophy is that the right way of doing things doesn’t have to be complex and that – within supply chain – creating lean, repeatable processes leads to success.
I look forward, as ever, to the next challenge!