I joined Hatmill in 2017 after 4 years split between two of the big four UK supermarkets both In House and on a 3PL contract. My industry experience began on the Logistics Graduate Scheme for Morrisons. The 15-month scheme comprised placements across, Ambient, Chill, Transport, Retail and Projects. My key achievements were:
- Supporting the migration of an existing in house produce operation to a third party run convenience multi-temp DC in the South West; developing and leading the change management workstream
- Identifying best practice across a network-wide operation, optimising existing processes and reviewing SOPs to reflect changes made
- Creation and rollout of a training process for new starters and agency
- Managing teams of warehouse operatives with responsibility for delivering all operational KPIs.
Following completion of the scheme I then moved into a Transport Team Manager role with responsibility for a team of 32 drivers. Key achievements outside of my role were:
- Developing and implementing a new accident reporting procedure. This covered reporting of the accident through to investigation and analysis. The tool gave visibility to the senior management team of accident hotspots, regular offenders and actions taken upon investigation
- Developing, hosting, minuting and actioning a Driver Steering Group whereby a select team, covering all shifts, would meet monthly to discuss departmental issues and work solutions. Actions and outcomes were shared with the department, helping to improve communication and engagement within Transport which was reflected with our highest Colleague Engagement score
Following my time with Morrisons I joined Wincanton, working as a Transport Manager on a Tesco contract in the South East. Whilst with Wincanton I gained my International and National Transport Managers CPC, was enrolled onto the company “Get Ahead” scheme for future leaders and covered in the absence of the Transport GM at senior leadership meetings.
I chose to make the move into consultancy as I wanted to extend my Logistics and Supply Chain knowledge and have a regular and positive impact on clients I work with. I strive for continuous improvement and I’m delighted to work with a team of talented, intelligent and motivated people, who I feel provide the perfect environment to achieve my goals both on a personal level and for the clients I work with.