A leading UK wholesaler, serving over 125,000 independent retailers, required a forecasting and replenishment solution in order to drive down stockholding whilst maintaining availability across their estate. A JustEnough solution was selected to achieve these goals, but additional support was required to ensure the business could drive the best results possible.
The solution: Hatmill were engaged to support the client with their business implementation journey.
In order to help the client achieve their availability and stockholding goals, Hatmill were engaged to support the implementation of a forecasting and replenishment system.
The client was facing numerous implementation challenges such as:
- Existing behaviours around the ordering and buying of stock required a dramatic change. Previously, the client had achieved great success through buying large volumes at great prices but now wanted to ensure that working capital was sensibly managed
- The user base had concerns over the future business proposal and had requested a number of modifications which didn’t take advantage of the JustEnough core functionality
- There was an inflight integration of two master systems which caused a number of data feed anomalies seen in the JustEnough system
In order to help the client:
- A communication strategy was designed and delivered to ensure all the Supply Chain team were bought into the project goals
- Core product training sessions were provided to walk the team through the advantages of the JustEnough system functionality
- Daily and weekly issue escalation routes were defined with root cause analysis for every recorded item